This blog has moved to

  • SlyTrader.net
  • Wednesday, July 27, 2005

    Capital Preservation

    The market has been very choppy today and rangebound until the recent move up in the last hour. I have withdrawn from any more trading for the day, realizing I am in a possible payback period. I have a small gain(very small), and would like to keep it that way. My timing has been way off, and I have missed the few opportunities that there were. Some traders may disagree, but I am realizing that there is a time to retreat temporarily, especially if you are feeling withdrawn from the market. The downfall of many traders is there inability to admit when they are off. The market will still be there tomorrow and the next day. I am not saying to totally withdraw from the market, but to take a step away briefly, and setup for the next string of profitable trading. Bo Yoder has a very good article on the payout/payback cycle,it is a must read for any trader trying to further his/her career.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Help support this site by visiting the Sponsored Links.