This blog has moved to

  • SlyTrader.net
  • Friday, August 12, 2005

    Low Volume Friday

    The market is pretty stagnant today,we're in a fairly tight range.Not that it couldn't change,but I've decided to step back a little here.If you've had a good week already,it may not be a bad idea to walk away or at least decrease the amount of trading.Unless I see something significant,I will be doing just that.If you have not had a good week or you have struggled it's never wrong to take a small break.Ending your week on a bad note is no fun and then having it consume your weekend will not help you prepare for the next one.I think it's better to step back,and give the body and mind the needed rest.Most people think trading is an easy job and not considered hard work,but we as traders know that is an illusion.Trading, I would say is one of the most demanding jobs to hold,as we use our minds constantly deciphering a flood of information,this can also take it's toll on the body.It is not to be taken lightly,and both your body and mind need to be at there peak at all times.Soultrader has a good read on "getting the mind right". I found this site via TraderMike.I've had a great week,one of my best one's,and I'm not about to give it back by trading when the trading just is not good.Good trading all,and enjoy your weekend!

    2 Comments:

    At 4:11 PM, Blogger Michael said...

    congrats on the great week!

     
    At 4:53 PM, Blogger txtrader said...

    Thanks Michael, Hope all is good on the homefront.

    Doug

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Help support this site by visiting the Sponsored Links.