This blog has moved to

  • SlyTrader.net
  • Friday, September 23, 2005

    Hurricane Rita

    Well we finally made it out of Houston at about 5 a.m. Thursday Morning,we had started out at 3:00 P.M. on Wednesday Afternoon,That was a long haul.Most gas stations were already out when we started out,I'm just glad we left when we did because it seems Thursday was pretty bad on the roads.I think we are just going to go all the way to Michigan and spend a few days there,see how this whole thing plays out.I haven't traded at all probably won't untill sometime next week.I see I missed some great shorting opportunities in NEW,finally broke that weekly head and shoulders.Good luck to anyone in the path of Rita,lets just hope she simmers down before landfall.

    3 Comments:

    At 7:22 AM, Blogger Michael said...

    glad to hear you made it out.

     
    At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is great you got out in time before the mass exodus. I stayed and it was just a big wind storm all Friday/Sat morning. Not even half an inch of rain, in SW Houston. There should be lots short opp. on the oil sector on Monday.

     
    At 1:11 AM, Blogger txtrader said...

    Looks like we'll wait a few days to come back.I can't say it was all for nothing,just relaxing in Michigan now.We (me and my wife) decided to just keep going seeing that I had to come here in October anyway,and we were already half way.At least I'll get a new truck out of the deal,cheaper than I can anywhere in Houston,TX.I'm still glad we left Houston,I'd have to say it was a gamble with your life and any of the loved ones your with to stay and that's a bet I'm never willing to make.That thing could've of come straight at Houston full force and just devestated everything in it's way.I'll keep my "gambling" to the stock market.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Help support this site by visiting the Sponsored Links.